1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

art policy for primary school

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by amaryllis2, Apr 7, 2010.

1. I need to write an art policy for my school (primary - one form entry)
    Does anyone have one I could look at, or do you know of a site anywhere that keeps sample policies?
    Many thanks

2. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

Contact your LA to see if there is an AST for Art who can advise, or even a School Improvement Officer with experience. The policy should reflect the ethos of your school so you need to start from there.

3. Hi
    I am an AST in Kirklees for Primary Art & Design-I have recently re-written my own school policies if you would like a copy: Visual Art & Design and Combined Arts Policies.
    Let me have your email

4. I can send you mine if you let me know your e mail address. I have done an Art one and also DT one if you want.

5. hi, could you send it to me too please?

6. I will need your e mail address.

7. Hi 88hagley please could you forwaerd me a copy of your art policy as I have to update mine and could use some fresh ideas. thank you . My e mail address is kftyson @sky.com.

8. Hiya Natalie I was wondering if I could have a look at it too. Sorry its just im a bit stuck at the moment with mine.

Thanks from one Natalie to another Natalie x
    noisy_natz@hotmail.com

9. Would anybody mind sharing their Art &DT Policy with me please. I am new to the post and there is not a current policy in place.
    Many thanks

10. Hi

Sorry I haven't checked the forum for ages and find I have lot's of messages re policy copies, no problem I will mail them on...hope they are still useful.

Another piece of advice is to join the ''NSEAD Online' group on Facebook there is a wealth of support on there...sorry it has taken me so long to post.

You could also ask your school to join the NSEAD as a Primary Collegiate member this gives lots of resources, access to training and the useful AD magazine...very reasonable cost.

Natalie

11. I have been asked to write a new policy for art which reflects the new curriculum and am new to the post........so would be very grateful for some help......my email is jan.laver55@gmail.com

12. Hi I also have to write a new policy for art and design which reflects the new curriculum, my email is karenpatient@hotmail.co.uk...thanks

13. Hi I would be grateful for a copy of your art policy too.. Thanks

14. I would be really grateful to have a copy too. Thanks in advance. jill.harrison2@ntlworld.com

15. Hello, I have just had the art policy lumped on me also. I'm coming up short with ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated! samuelwebber1@gmail.com.

Thanks

Sam