1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art PGCE worth it for me?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by daniellepet, Dec 21, 2018.

1. daniellepet

daniellepet New commenter

Hi, I have a Trinity Tesol and have taught for 5+ years abroad in EFL and loved it, I am now back in England and can see there is not much opportunity in this area and so I have been working in Primary EAL for a while now where the salary is very low. I believe that I need a PGCE to create prospect, I can work abroad or in the UK if I choose and it will create better earning power. Only thing is I am conflicted, reason being is that I love the language side of my job and I dont really have enough interest in Maths or science education which is what Primary requires. I have an art degree and was thinking of gaining an art PGCE and hoping that just having a PGCE would help me to secure better jobs abroad, even if I want to work in EFL or international schools. I have also considered an EAL PGCE but that could be quite limiting in the UK. Would an art PGCE allow me the opportunity to earn more abroad or in UK and even if I choose EAL, EFL or international schools?