1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art - linked to the topic of Sound

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lollipops6, Aug 27, 2011.

1. I am doing the topic of Sound. Can anyone think of any Art activities that could be linked to this topic. Any ideas appreciated.

2. Hi
    I have just flicked through my Belair books and ideas included: 'our listening walk' with paintings of what chn heard, art linked to stories about sounds, models of instruments etc I find these books a fab starting point for ideas. Science in Display/Curriclar-Links.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I was just going to recommend those books!

5. inq

inq

Listen to 2/ 4 contrasting pieces of music and draw what it makes you think/ feel.
    Observational drawings of instruments.
    Models of instruments.
    Look at Picasso's instrument paintings and make collages to make similar style pictures of other instruments.

6. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

Kandinsky was very interested in the link between sound and visual art. He wrote a whole manifesto on it. \you could investigate that (in simplified form obviously!!) and thn use his paintings as a starting point for your own art linked with music etc.

7. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

Kandinsky was very interested int he links between sound and visual art. He wrote a whole manifesto on it. You could look at his ideas (in a simplified form obviously!!)and then use his paintings as a starting point for your own responses to music and sounds.