1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art ideas for framed picture?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by travel n teach, Feb 9, 2012.

1. We have decided to ask the children to do a piece of Art work which we will then frame and sell to their parents as a fundraiser but I just can't decide on what to do. It obviously has to be on paper and fit within a frame but apart from that no restrictions.
    Anyone got any tried and tested ideas where the finished product looks pretty good? I've had a look at a few websites but nothing is grabbing my attention. It's with a Yr 2/3 class by the way.

2. Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately they did this back in Sept. I'd like to do something that looks well even for those who aren't very artistic (bit like me)

3. zhuravli7

zhuravli7 New commenter

Fishy pictures are always good. Wax resist background and cut outs of decorated fish look effective.

4. Take head and shoulders photos of the children.
    Give each child a OHP transparency and with a felt tip or OHP pen they trace the significant outlines of their face. Once finished the transparency can be photocopied as many times as necessary onto white paper, and the children can colour or paint the picture. People Colour pencil crayons work well.
    Even those who are not natural artists can make a great job of pictures like these, and everyone ends up with a recognisable portrait.