1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art coordinators - what is on your action plan?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Completely Goo Goo, Oct 14, 2007.

1. In September, I took over the role of art coordinator and now need to write an action plan and don't really know where to start. I was just wondering what things you had on your action plan?

Thanks

2. In September, I took over the role of art coordinator and now need to write an action plan and don't really know where to start. I was just wondering what things you had on your action plan?

Thanks

3. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

I'm going to be art coordinator when I finish my NQT year. So I hope someone puts something on this thread !!!

4. Anyone?
    Some help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

5. Have you tried the art forum?

6. notasstressedasilook

notasstressedasilook New commenter

To be fair it's very hard to help you with this. Your Action Plan will depend on where your school is - what is on the SDP - and Key Obs from an Ofsted, whether you are going for/ have Artsmark, and lots of other things!
    Sorry it's not more helpful! Have you got past ones to look at? :)

7. As previous poster said, you need to look at what's on your school development plan. My art action plan is based around us applying for the artsmark so I've got to write arts policy and look at having more links with visiting artists, art projects and weeks etc.
    You might want to develop the use of sketchbooks in your school, look at cross curricular links between art and other subjects, look at how art assessment is done effectively, look at resources... it just depends what's relevant to your school.
    I'm happy to send you mine as an example (not a brilliant example I must admit!!)

8. Sent!
    Please don't think I'm promoting mine as a shining example!!

9. Could I be really cheek as well and sneak a look? Was an NQT last year and this position is worrying me a little!

Thank you :eek:)

anusieczka@msn.com

10. That's awesome, thanks brownbear :eek:) x

11. Thanks Brownbear. Really useful!

12. Hi iv just taken on the role of arts coordinator after competing my nqt year i would really appreciate it if i could have a look too my address is clicky4@hotmail.co.uk Thank you!!