1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art Club Ideas!

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by nalatie, Oct 9, 2015.

1. nalatie

nalatie New commenter

I'm an NQT in my final term and I'm expected to run a club for the next half term (HELP). I'd like to set up an art club but a little stuck for projects! Any ideas for something that is achievable and engaging?
    Thanks.

2. JustinieM

JustinieM New commenter

3D paper mache fish worked well at my place - you need balloons, paper mache equipment and paint. Blow balloons, cover with paper mache, use card and paper to build up fins, mouth, eyes......paint. Hang from the ceiling.

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

If I were going to do this I would do a themed art club for Years 1-3. Buy an Usborne books of things to make and do - for example, this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pirate-Thin...keywords=usborne+pirate+things+to+make+and+do which would obviously mean your club was pirate themed. Advertise it as such, so that 1) No-one is surprised that all the art is about pirates! and 2) Some different children might be attracted to a themed club over a regular art club because even though they aren't that keen on art, they do think pirates are cool (for example). Then just choose one project for each week of your term. Simple but effective!

4. teega

teega New commenter

I tried soap carving and used idea from Web -engaged boys and girls in Lower secondary age.

5. briroll

briroll New commenter

I know that this reply is a bit late, 2 years roughly, however if you are still running the art club or a colleague has taken over and you would like to add clay modelling to your skills I have just added Module 1. Tutorial Basic clay modelling skills to tes.com .
    My tes shop is identified as briroll and also contains easy to use resources that will be of use in providing interesting projects for the club. Best of luck Brian.
    www.bmpotterycrafts.com