1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Art Club Ideas - Please!

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by meda103, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Hi, I am starting an Art Club next week and have been a bit restricted in what I can do - I have to link the work to other artist's work and it's left me a bit stuck!

The children in the club will be Year One and I wondered if anyone has any ideas as to what activities I could do with them? It is only a 45min club and it needs to be activities that are not too difficult and that are easy to set up after school for when they arrive!

I REALLY would appreciate any ideas as am really stuck!!

Thank you!!

2. Hi, I am starting an Art Club next week and have been a bit restricted in what I can do - I have to link the work to other artist's work and it's left me a bit stuck!

The children in the club will be Year One and I wondered if anyone has any ideas as to what activities I could do with them? It is only a 45min club and it needs to be activities that are not too difficult and that are easy to set up after school for when they arrive!

I REALLY would appreciate any ideas as am really stuck!!

Thank you!!

3. paintbrush

paintbrush New commenter

start with an artist you like, its often a good place to start.

4. Why don't you look at the RBGTrust's Sculpture4Kids competition. It's opened to all schools nationwide, children from 4 to 16 years of age and it could be a good way to get started as all the ideas and planning is done for you. Just follow the rules and regs on the website www.rbgtrust.com or www.sculpture4kids.com.

5. Try looking at artists the children are likely to respond well to, whose styles they can imitate; try these three

Alexander (Sandy) Calder, Keith Haring, Paul McCartney (Yes that one!)

6. Hi seda103
    Have a look at my web site, http://calligraffiti.spaces.live.com for free downloadable worksheets. All you need are pencils, paper and elastic bands. Perhaps the children would like to submit some work to Beastie's exhibition.
    Good luck Bill

7. What about a nice composite piece? Where they all get one section to do and then at the end, it all joins up to make one big image. You could do it on fabric and then sew it together to make a banner for the club.

8. I run an after school artclub and I take a load of ideas from a site called Mini Me Card Company.....and there all free!

Good luck H

9. Hi Seda 103
    Just a note to let you know that since first contacting you on the 9th of April 09, you, or someone linking from this post, on Thursday evening became my 3000th visitor. I often wonder what people make of my effort and whether it makes life a little easier. Are there any areas that can be improved or disposed of etc. Any feedback will be much appreciated.
    Many thanks. Bill. calligraffiti@live.co.uk