1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art Btec quantity of work per project

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by amym_duffy, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hello,
    The HOD has just left and he was the only one who did Btec in our department. No one has filled his position so we are all doing our best to get his Level 2 Btec group through without any experience of teaching it. We have had to work backwards and write the briefs for each project as they don't exist. On first glance at the sketch book work and final pieces I am worried about the quantity of work the students have. Currently students seem to have 4/5 sides of A3 per unit in their sketch book which doesnot seem alot to me and a final piece for 2 of the units. Is it ok to not have final pieces for a unit of work if the brief was to make a portfolio of work under a theme? How much work on average should each unit contain? If a student can evidence once that they have a achieved a p,m or d is that enough?
    If anyone has an example art Btec sketch book that I could see or simply offer some advice it would be amazing!
    Thank you :)

2. Hello,
    The HOD has just left and he was the only one who did Btec in our department. No one has filled his position so we are all doing our best to get his Level 2 Btec group through without any experience of teaching it. We have had to work backwards and write the briefs for each project as they don't exist. On first glance at the sketch book work and final pieces I am worried about the quantity of work the students have. Currently students seem to have 4/5 sides of A3 per unit in their sketch book which doesnot seem alot to me and a final piece for 2 of the units. Is it ok to not have final pieces for a unit of work if the brief was to make a portfolio of work under a theme? How much work on average should each unit contain? If a student can evidence once that they have a achieved a p,m or d is that enough?
    If anyone has an example art Btec sketch book that I could see or simply offer some advice it would be amazing!
    Thank you :)