1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

art and graphics

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by leeland27, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Ive just been asked to develop the AS graphic communication art a-level at my school but cannot seem to find any referance as to what an A* to C looks like with ed excel, which would be extremely useful when explaining to the students the boundry decriptors which Im sure u'll all agree are open to interpretation. Does anyone have any digital images or know of any referance sites?

2. Not sure if they are there anymore but Edexcel had Graphics exemplars available through their website links through the "I am a Head of Department" button. Try them for a first stop. I've also used the Ask the Expert button in the past and they are usually very good. Oddly though, some random bloke from a Cambridge school has his GCSE Art and Design exemplars on it too. Don't know why as they are not necessarily the best bits of stuff I've ever seen, just exemplars from an exhibition last summer. Probably no use but deffo look at the Graphics A Level slides for a start.

3. Thanks Its a good start much appreciated.