1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art and design

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by klemz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. what is the most important thing an Art Teacher should do to get certification from CIE help needed pls

2. joli2

joli2 New commenter

CIE?

3. lalala

lalala New commenter

Klemz, is this the Cambridge International exam system you mean? I worked in the Bahamas for a few years and this was the exam system there, so I'm assuming you're not in the UK.
    I don't know anything about an individual teacher getting certification. In the Bahamas it just was the examination system that was adopted by the Ministry of Education; you just taught it, no need for personal certification or the like, so am a bit confused about what you mean.
    I can only suggest you have a look on their official website and perhaps email/phone them for advice: http://www.cie.org.uk/
    Hope you find out what you need :)

4. Hi Klemz,

There should be someone in your school who deals with correspondence with CIE who should be able to help you. There are three basic methods for obtaining accreditation (for the reader who commented above: accreditation is needed by at least one Art teacher at a centre in order for the school to be able to assess Coursework).

1. Attend an accreditation training session run by Cambridge. This typically lasts a couple of days. These are only on offer every couple of years and availability depends on where you live. This involves a group of teachers plus a CIE examiner undergoing training face-to-face.

2. Apply via email for automatic accreditation. This involves you emailing your CV to CIE and applying for direct accreditation (I am not sure of the official term for this ? you would need to consult the CIE website). This might be appropriate if you have experience assessing CIE artwork in the past, but have not been accredited yet, or if you have other particularly relevant work experience.

3. Complete a distance training pack. This involves CIE sending you some examples ? some of which you must assess ? and then sending it back. If you are successful you become accredited.

There should be someone in your centre who helps you deal with all of this. In my experience it is not such a difficult process.

(By the way, in case you are wondering, I am a NZ art teacher who has taught CIE Art and Design for 7 years. I write a <a>blog[/URL] to help CIE Art and Design students ? and teachers)!

Good luck!

5. What an absolutely stunning blog, Amiriablog! Thank you so much for posting the link. Congratulations on your achievement - and all written whilst caring for a young baby......AWESOME! This will be invaluable for my students and a godsend for me and for any other teachers of CIE (or similar).

6. Lucieb40

Lucieb40 New commenter

An amazing blog!!!
    The work really is outstanding and really puts art and design in the spotlight for education!
    Great work!

7. Thank you abosolutley brilliant. My students will be given the link. Love the comments by the students, It what mine need to hear rather than me.
    Thanks again
    <strike></strike>