1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Art and design teacher Oz

Discussion in 'Australia - Staffroom' started by Tararose212, Apr 13, 2020.

  1. Tararose212

    Tararose212 New commenter

    Thinking of relocating to oz as an art and design teacher, where do they advertise jobs?

    anyone any advice?
    Things to consider/look out for?

    Maybe next year when I finish pgce and Qts. Already have 3 years international experience and lived there before so understand culture etc
  2. nicola_easson

    nicola_easson New commenter

    It really depends which state/territory you're considering relocating to. Here in WA, Education Department jobs are posted on the jobs.wa website only. Private school jobs are often posted on their own website, so it's worth trawling through school sites once you know which area you're looking to move to.

    Something to be aware of also, in Australia you need a 4-year degree to be qualified. Having taught for a while in the UK myself, I'm aware that this is something that not all teachers hold.
  3. Tararose212

    Tararose212 New commenter

    Hey thanks for getting back, im looking to move to south aus. My degree was 4 years and I have pgce, I'm not sure if the best approach is to move first then apply or apply and aim for sponsorship?

  4. nicola_easson

    nicola_easson New commenter

    No worries. It’s difficult to say, as each state runs very differently, and I’m only familiar with WA. Are you planning on moving permanently? I’m assuming you mean in terms of visas by “sponsorship”?

Share This Page