1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

art and design staff meeting

Discussion in 'Primary' started by louzee22, Jun 27, 2011.

1. louzee22

louzee22 New commenter

hi i have to deliver the staff meeting tomorrow as i am art co ordinator i need some cross curricular links and any new changes to the subject. i am finding it realy hard to gather information any
    ideas would be great thanks
    louise

2. History: portraits, sketching artefacts, making models. Geography: field sketches, models, water colours (rivers). Find artists who use particular subjects in their work and link these to the curriculum where possible. Link in literacy when working with colours; mix new colours and come up with descriptive names. Link in numeracy; the ratio of blue to yellow for different shades of green for example. I've done a few of these and they worked quite well in class. I also did some waterfall art based on Japanese prints during a rivers topic, these came out well.
    Sorry I can't be more help. You could take a sneaky look around school and see what people have already done!