1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art and Design interview

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by twinkleturtle, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Hi,

I trained in Scotland and do not have any experience of what an interview would be like for an English School. If anyone could give me any advice on possible questions that may be asked then it would be much appreciated. Also, do all schools require a sample lesson?
    Thanks in advance.

2. I have had lots of art teacher interviews in a mixture of different schools in the last 7 years. They have all requested an interview lesson, usually for approx 30 minutes. Sometimes they will give you a specific topic or materials as a guideline and sometimes it is a free choice. Usually the purpose is just to see how you interact with young people which I think is really important. However i did find out the hard way that one school used the Ofsted criteria to assess my 25 minute lesson! You will normally have a couple of interviews too and need to bring a portfolio of your teaching examples and your own work. Also, they normally take all day.

Good Luck!!

3. Thanks for the heads up on the possible questions. I reckon it will take me weeks to prepare for interviews, if I actually get any!