1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

art and design interview cambridge

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by druwin, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Hello,
    I have an interview on friday for a secondary Art PGCE course at cambridge. Was wondering what you have to write for the written test? would be good to hear from anybody/>?
    Thanks

2. soph1980

soph1980 New commenter

I had to write about why art I wanted to teach art. We had to write for 1/2hour and it was really just to see if we could construct a sentence and put forward an argument. The interview and interaction with other candidates throughout the interview process was the important factor. Good luck!

3. It might be a good idea to consider beforehand to consider why you feel it is personally necessary for art to be taught in schools at all....what is your stand point on this, is it about self expression, is is about an aesthetic awareness and appreciation for the student or do you come down on the side of equpping the student with an awareness and understanding of the visual that they are bombarded with everyday?

Oh, and the guy is a stickler for punctuation, especially apostrophe'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s!!!!

Good luck, and post back how it goes!

4. hey,

I also have my art pgce coming up and there are a few things I was wondering...
    - In the interview is there a focus on particular artists you are interested / aspire to?..
    - Is there a specfic area they focus on e.g NC, ECM, Equal Opps, or a general touch on everything, in relation to my subject?
    - Is there a big focus on ICT n relation to cross- curricular learning within art?
    I know thats alot of questions but im sooo nervous!!! If anyone has any particular questions they may ask that would be so helpful!!

Thanks

5. Hello,
    Thanks for replying. Did you get excepted? So the written test was just like your personal statement?-why you want to be an art teacher? Also did you have to do group activities or was it just questions anybody could answer in the group interview?- I thought i'd have an individual interview? Thanks for your help.

6. Dear all looking for some help similar to those above looking for some advice and and guidance. I was recently offered an interview for Art and Design teaching
    Has anyone share there experience of an Art and Desin interview, I have been asked to prepare a portfolio of work which demonstrates my development in art and design since leaving school, The emphasis is on showing the development and showing my strengths as a potenbtial teacher-this will last for 10 mins and will take place infront of the other interviewee candidates.
    I was considering presenting it in a form of a power point with photographs of art work and projects i have carried out with young people rather than bringing in a selection of art pieces. Do you think it would be better bringing the originals art pieces which demonstrate the breadth of art skills i have or showing more project work i have completed. My past is communiuty artist/ youth worker and key worker- alot of my projects i ran were in Youth clubs with AQA Accreditation attched, and Young Enterprise ideas- should i focus on this area rather than showing examples of my Fine Art- exhibitions documentations or individual piecses.
    <font face="Calibri" size="3"> </font> Any feedback would be much appreciated
    <font face="Calibri" size="3"> </font> Kind regards

7. Hi,

I'm interested in your interview experience, I have an interview later in the month. What did they ask you to write about for the written test? Did you take in actual art work or pictures of work?

Also I would be interested in your experience of the course.

Thanks!