1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art and design GCSE Marking Covid 19

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Clara19119, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Clara19119

Clara19119 New commenter

Hi there
    Art must be one of those subject whereby they wont be able to re do the exam. I had got all of their coursework but had not managed to mark it all. I had seen their exam sketchbook but obviously no final piece.

If students disagree with their grades they can not do 2 months of prep and then the 10 hour exam again.

2. katierchambers

katierchambers New commenter

Yes that is right; however they could sit the 10 hour final piece. Depends on the timings within your school. We are still marking both NEA and ESA

3. Goodere-dale247

Goodere-dale247 New commenter

4. Clara19119

Clara19119 New commenter

We dont know how we are submitting these grades yet do we? I think the heads are going to submit all the marking I dont think we will be entering grades for each subject?

5. Goodere-dale247

Grades for each subject will be being submitted via the exam officer generally, I think.

6. mistermanager

mistermanager New commenter

If students disputed grades, I would imagine coursework units would be looked at. The exam element prep period was not completed, therefore students couldn't just 'do' their ten hour exam. That would be impossible. My Art students never ever do sketchbooks (I hate them!), so their work is in many different locations.

7. mistermanager

mistermanager New commenter

Also there is no such thing as a 'final piece'.... All pieces are final in a sense. I am a moderator and it infuriates me that everyone thinks there is a 'final piece'.. This is not a thing!

8. Goodere-dale247