1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Art and Design curriculum

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by DJESnowdon, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hi,

I am probably looking in completely the wrong place but I am struggling to find anything on Key Stage 4 Art and Design National Curriculum; I found the Key Stage 3 stuff, but can't find anything on KS4. Is there somewhere I can find this? I need to read up on the Art National Curriculum for Secondary schools.

Thank you for your help

2. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

There is no National Curriculum beyond KS3 for Art. You'll need to look at exam board GCSE specifications if you need to know about KS4.

3. I think this is a really good idea.[​IMG]

4. Ah, is this to do with the whole argument about GCSE and O Levels going on, because the different exam boards have different requirements?

Thank you

5. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Many would say that that's just Gove being old fashioned and deciding O Levels were great when he was a boy.
    Yes - in that they are talking about not having different exam boards for each subject. They are also arguing that GCSEs are too easy...