1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Arrrr please help... Y6 production

Discussion in 'Primary' started by l.wood2, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hi there, I know I have posted about this before but having no luck at all in getting inspired! Last year my Year 6's did 'We Will Rock You' and this year I am expected to top this! Absolutely no idea what to go for we have also done Grease and Bugsy so they are off the list. We can't afford to buy anything too expensive but would be able to put some money in to it. Any ideas would be gratefully received! Please, please help!!!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Hi there, I know I have posted about this before but having no luck at all in getting inspired! Last year my Year 6's did 'We Will Rock You' and this year I am expected to top this! Absolutely no idea what to go for we have also done Grease and Bugsy so they are off the list. We can't afford to buy anything too expensive but would be able to put some money in to it. Any ideas would be gratefully received! Please, please help!!!
    Thanks in advance.

3. Not sure what too expensive is, but the Broadway Junior series is worth every penny at £400. Would highly recommend Honk!
    Joseph is an obvious and cheap choice - I think we paid about £35 a few years ago.

4. Thank you for taking the time to reply, not sure my head would pay £400 but wouldn't hurt to ask! Again thank you for your reply!

5. We've done Oliver! before, which was great! The kids loved it. We've also done The Wizard of Oz (which might be an issue with the current West End one) and last year, we did Annie from Broadway Jr. It was £400 well spent.
    Just wanted to ask littlerussell, as I'm considering doing Joseph this year; how was it? Did the kids enjoy it?

6. We've done the Roald Dahl ones - Jack and the Beanstalk and Snow White - both excellent, great music, fun songs and script and lots of suggestions for how to practically organise it all. No idea how much but our school could not have afforded anything too flash.

7. Joseph was great - it is quite humorous and you can watch the film version (which takes place on a stage) for staging tips and ideas.
    The downsides - you need a lot of soloists and have to piece together scripts and backing tracks for yourself from the internet as they don't come in a package.