1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ARRRGH - HELP!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by moonpenny, Mar 17, 2011.

1. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

The only time I did an intray exercise was in questionnaire form which asked me how I tackle various admin jobs.
    It gave different scenarios like the phone is ringing, you have 20 urgent emails which need answering before the end of the day and then someone turns up unexpectedly demanding an urgent appointment - how would you make sure you deal with all of these things. These answers had to be written down .
    Think I was given about 30 mins to do it.

I was offered the job but didn't end up taking it as I was offered a better one.

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Ok, thanks, that makes sense - it's just doing the stuff I do on a daily basis then? lol

3. Winnie Woo

Winnie Woo New commenter

It's to do with being able to prioritise and time manage. E.g. if you have an irate parent demanding to see you about their child's homework, a report of a child protection incident, a nice cup of coffee waiting and a phone call from the Ofsted Inspectors, what would you deal with first and how.

4. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

[​IMG]
    Good luck btw - sounds like you did really well getting an interview.

5. Yes. You just decide the priority of the items in your in tray. As long as it's the order of importance agreed by the board of interviewers who may have forgotten what it's like to teach as well (fire alarm, fight, kid in tears etc etc ) you'll be OK! Good luck!

6. One thing that I was once told about exercises like this is that you need to show you can delegate, as I guess this is an important skill!

7. Yes, there's nothing as valuable as getting someone else to do the work you're paid to do.

8. Yeah, that's how it seems to work!