1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Arranging a GTP place outside the UK

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by mike372, Feb 26, 2012.

1. mike372

mike372 New commenter

I'm currently working as an (unqualified) full-time maths teacher at a private school in Bangkok and I plan to earn QTS through the GTP in 2013/2014 back in the UK (I'll have 2 years experience by then). I know that some GTP centres find schools for
    you but do these schools require interviews? And am I right in saying that every centre will require an interview? In short, I need to know how much time I'll need to be in the UK to arrange a GTP place.

Ideally, I'd like to finish teaching in Thailand and then go straight into the course back home without flying back and forth (it's bloody
    expensive!) but I'm sure that won't be possible. Any kind of advice for someone in my position is appreciated.

Mike

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Many candidates now find GTP posts after working as A TA first- in that way the school gets an extended interview. It is getting rarer for GTP providers to find places particularly secondary but do check directly with the ITT providers