1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Arrangements for evening classes?

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by frenchbeanuk, Aug 27, 2020.

1. frenchbeanuk

frenchbeanuk New commenter

Hello,

I work as a PTHP Lecturer at a FE College one evening a week. I wanted to see if anyone who works in a similar role has been informed how they are expected to teach from September? Face to face, online, or blended?

It seems that the students attending the college during the day will be returning to lessons in the college, which has been made 'covid secure' with temperature checks, one way system, 1 metre distancing etc in classrooms. However, there has been no info given to those of us who teach evening classes to adult learners.

What's everyone else doing? I have been instructed to tell applicants to my course that there is likely to be 'a blended approach' to learning, at least at the start. But if all other students are going in, surely it would be the same for adults/evening sessions?

The course I teach is experiential and practical in nature and does not translate very well to online teaching.

I'd be interested to hear what others have been told/are doing.

Thanks

2. Chesters8

Chesters8 New commenter

For my adult evening classes in FE, the lessons are face to face but adults have to be socially distanced in the class. Consequently it is a case of using the largest rooms in the college and having more of a limit on numbers in the class.

frenchbeanuk likes this.
  3. frenchbeanuk

frenchbeanuk New commenter

Thanks for your reply.

From what I can gather the college is still actively recruiting as many students as it possibly can for the course regardless of the need for social distancing within the classrooms.

I will no doubt find out soon what is happening!