1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

armed forces teaching posts

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by daybreak07, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any info yet on the secondary posts advertised for the armed forces schools? Any idea if they let you know if you have made the interview stage either way? I hate it when you spend so much time on an application and you hear nothing back from a school!

2. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

You probably won't hear if you have not been shortlisted but be prepared to only hear 1 week before the interview dates.

Good luck

3. I've found it varies on a school by school basis for SCE - some schools are fab at letting you know you haven't been successful, others won't even talk to you if you haven't been, with shades in between. If it's really stressing you, you can always phone up and ask if they have shortlisted and invited for interview yet, and if so, could they just check you name?
    I feel your pain with the spending time - would a mass email of 'sorry, but no thanks' really kill them and take up massive resources? We use up hours of ours writing the stupid applications and at the end of the day, it's not like anywhere is doing people a massive favour by employing someone - without staff an organisation can't function after all!

4. Thanks for the replies!

HappyPixie - you are spot on! A mass email to put people out of there misery is the decent thing to do!

Cheers!

5. redlorry

redlorry New commenter

This is true, I found out about my interview just over a week before the interview date.

6. sun seeker

sun seeker New commenter

i posted about this recently too! applied for a primary post - spent 5 hours on the app. and didnt hear a thing. i know i hit EVERY point and all the desirable too. but still didnt hear HOW RUDE!!! however they are the best international employer and i would give my soul to work for them ...i only hope at some point they willgive me a chance.

7. I hope you didn't use their/there/they're incorrectly in your application.

8. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Does this mean that the spelling police have checked every post made during the last 14 months?

Or is it Foamy checking to see if his new sock is being pre-moderated?

9. Humour, wetfart, or what? You were gone for few weeks there. I thought maybe you had lost a limb in the war or something. Or shark fighting or something...

10. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

The Grammar police will love that one, over-excited to see me?

11. ?
    Tenuous link at least is always a good plan. As another poster explained, it is more fun with you around; just leave out the made up illnesses.
    In fact no, make up some more.
    I can only think of one maths teacher who has given up drink and worked in Cairo...can the world be that small? He never had a heart attack or cancer, or one leg though....
    Ponder, ponder, ponder....

12. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

You are getting to be a one-trick pony, I PM'ed you proof of the illness, a 1200 post thread on personal where many different posters came to visit me in Hospital.

I have made my identity clear to you, you do know me, we have never liked each other. I will be returning in September.

13. How instantly forgettable you must be then! Can't think of anyone I dislike - disrespect, yes, have nothing to do with, yes, think is a ****, yes, but not dislike. Visit or work in September?
    Are you really in Thailand or 'nearer'....?

14. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

It's a fair point, Pharaoh. Try to be more original. Something about shower-checkers, perhaps?

15. [​IMG] Precious.
    And now the second time Blibbler claims to know me (we don't like each other) - need music to The Good, Bad and the Ugly there......
    As 'midlife' he was claiming to be in Thailand in 2008. He is now planning to visit us in September. To renew his membership of the ACE, I guess (ah, but he says he is still a member - more fibs)...
    Guess what (?)...I don't believe him.
    He must get through a lot of pants.....