1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ark Teaching Training - Secondary Maths

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by yrduohc, Mar 9, 2020.

1. yrduohc

yrduohc New commenter

Has anyone gone with Ark as a schools direct? What were your experiences? What school did you select and were you happy with your choice? Do you get a chance to see how the school runs before you actually start in Sept like a summer school. What if you go for the summer school and decide you want to go elsewhere or even stay?

2. Iggy_B

Iggy_B New commenter

I spent some time working in an Ark school in a supply capacity. It’s very corporate! I was in a primary school, and you taught the ‘Ark way’ in maths and English and it was the ‘non ark way’ in other subjects. The pupils had to wear a uniform that was akin to a secondary school uniform with the ark logo was clearly on display. Pupils worked in books that also displayed ark on the front cover and the class posters were all the same format (with the logo). The rules were strict and punishment frequently handed out. I didn’t enjoy teaching there as it was a tense atmosphere and you were constantly monitored. However they did spend on training. 10 Inset days a year and a lovely laptop/tablet was provided even for supply staff.