1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Argos colour match alternatives/colour ideas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Nov 28, 2015.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I live with my parents out of both my necessity and theirs. It's an arrangement that works well for us.

My room however is my only space. I have just totally repainted it in light blue, and grey gloss. It's lovely, very calming and cool. It's a really dark room, so am making it as light as possible. I am putting light grey laminate down which I am ordering Monday (payday).

It's a really nice space now, and I love the colours. I need however a splash of colour in accessories to warm the room a little. I was thinking initially yellow tones, but would still be quite cool, so maybe red or purple? Any thoughts? Orange is my favourite colour, but obviously no go. I cannot abide pink/coral/peach sorts of colours, but apart from that, anything.

Secondly, any ideas on matching colour ranges similar to the argos one where you can get loads of stuff all the same colour? I have a shower and sink actually in my room, not ensuite as it were with a door, just popped in a corner. So I want to be able to match shower curtains and towels etc, as well as bedroom accessories.

Was going out to have a look today, but too wet, so cwtching up instead.

2. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Why no go?

3. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I thought that too

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Orange accessories, a sort of burnt orange, would be nice and silvery shower curtains, grey or white towels.