1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Argh...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by gosny, Jun 6, 2011.

1. I don't usually like to ask for advice but I've not really got anyone to talk to so here goes... Loads of crazy things have happened to me in the past few years, starting with having a baby and ending up with me finishing with my other half a couple of weeks ago. I've tried to power on through but it's all got a bit much now and after seeing the doc, I've been referred for councelling which will take up to six weeks. However, I'm doing supply and just before all this happened was offered some long term work in a challenging (to say the least) school. I thought I'd be able to cope with the behaviour but with everything thats been happening I feel like I've lost all patience. I was dreading going back today and it was as bad as I thought it would be. I can't muster up any effort to plan good lessons becaus I think it's going to go pear shaped anyway so I'm in a bit of a vicious cycle. I'd love to just say stick it but I need the money and with supply work being so scarce in the last half term I'm not sure I can be picky about where I work. I suppose I'm just looking for someone to say it will all be ok tomorrow and just to get things off my chest. Apologies for lack of paragraphs, spelling mistakes etc. Venting leaves no space for correct english!

2. I don't usually like to ask for advice but I've not really got anyone to talk to so here goes... Loads of crazy things have happened to me in the past few years, starting with having a baby and ending up with me finishing with my other half a couple of weeks ago. I've tried to power on through but it's all got a bit much now and after seeing the doc, I've been referred for councelling which will take up to six weeks. However, I'm doing supply and just before all this happened was offered some long term work in a challenging (to say the least) school. I thought I'd be able to cope with the behaviour but with everything thats been happening I feel like I've lost all patience. I was dreading going back today and it was as bad as I thought it would be. I can't muster up any effort to plan good lessons becaus I think it's going to go pear shaped anyway so I'm in a bit of a vicious cycle. I'd love to just say stick it but I need the money and with supply work being so scarce in the last half term I'm not sure I can be picky about where I work. I suppose I'm just looking for someone to say it will all be ok tomorrow and just to get things off my chest. Apologies for lack of paragraphs, spelling mistakes etc. Venting leaves no space for correct english!

3. lonneymiss

lonneymiss New commenter

No real words of wisdom but just wanted to let you know that I feel exactly how you are describing some days but the good news is that it does get better. You start getting better days which balance out the horrific days and it all makes it seem a little bit better.
    I am sure it will be ok tomorrow. Will keep my fingers crossed for you x

4. Thanks for the reply. It just feels like everthing is so much hard work at the moment and dealing with kids who clearly don't want to be in a classroom it just too much stress. Because I'm only supply it feels like I have to make out everything is hunky-dory all the time, and I feel awful if I have to ask for help with classroom management, but I'm sure the kids can sense when I'm stresssed and play on it. Only 6 weeks 4 days to go...

5. Can appreciate how you feeling having been through similar in the last 3 months. So much so I just handed in my notice before half term as just cant cope anymore. Have good days but still days when I feel overwhelmed and want to hide under my duvet !