1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Argh! Interview today!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by doddy121, Apr 17, 2011.

1. I didn't get it! I have years of experience and all the qualifications. I have tried so hard for long and now I give up and I'm going to try something different. Happiness is far more important than the stress of reapplying I am not impressed!

2. Oh dear, that sucks!
    What subject are you? Em direct still have places for some secondary subjects and are nationwide. The deadline is very soon though.

X

3. SOrry to hear that doddy ... and if you've totally made your mind up, then so be it. However, if you're still keen on teaching then you need to look at this constructively. Did you get any feedback from your interview? To get down to the final 9 candidates for 7 positions is really good, and obviously add weight to your assertion that you have all the qualifications etc, so it must just be down to what happened on the interview day.
    Ask for feedback - most schools/training providers are good at giving detailed and constructive feedback. Ask questions - what could you have done differently to secure a place? What can you work on between and next year?

All the best.