1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Argh Interview Lesson!

Discussion in 'English' started by natterz, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hi I have an interview on Monday and the school have just called to give me some information.
    I will be teaching a Y9 (set 1 of 4) And my brief is to introduce a poem showing an awareness of the national curriculum.
    1. I keep dismissing every poem as no good :-(
    2. By awareness of the national curriculum does the school mean Learning Objectives linked to Assessment Foci etc?
    Ah I'm panicking now. I don't know how long the lesson is yet as i'm waiting for an email from them. Sorry for rambling I'm nervous if you can't tell :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

These are not part of the NC. try looking at
    http://curriculum.qcda.gov.uk/key-stages-3-and-4/subjects/key-stage-3/english/index.aspx where it lists the importance of English, key concepts, key processes, range & content & curriculum opportinities.
    Under Reading it mentions ;
    The texts chosen should be; of high quality,
    among the best of their type, that will encourage pupils to appreciate
    their characteristics and how, in some cases, they have influenced culture and thinking.interesting and engaging, allowing pupils to explore yheir present situation or move beyond it to experience different times, cultures, viewpoints and situations.challenging,
    using language imaginatively to create new meanings and effects, and
    encouraging pupils to try such writing for themselves.
    The range of literature studied should include: stories, poetry and drama drawn from different historical times . . . .
    Go read the documen. There's lots of scope but I would choose your poem based on these criteria.