1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Argentina - saint school

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Morena123, Jun 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Morena123

Morena123 New commenter

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into teaching in Argentina generally and the school named for the dragon-slaying saint in particular? (Actually 2 sister schools, both in BA).

I'm not looking to move right now but I like to keep my eye on the future and I keep coming back to Latin America (I've worked there briefly in the past) and this school seems great from initial online research.

Any knowledge or thoughts would be appreciated!

2. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

They are on either side of the greater Buenos Aires area, the original one is in Quilmes while the newer one is in Don Torcuato, both are quite a way out of town. The older one is looking a bit tatty these days and the onsite accommodation is not great and their is not much to
    do out there.

They both suffer from the usual Latin American issues, i.e. poor package and the fact that they are not really international schools but are private schools for rich locals. Having said that life in Argentina and SA in general can be great, if it's all about the experience rather than the money for you. Send me a conversation if you want..

3. Morena123

Morena123 New commenter

Thanks for the reply! Will try to send you a message.