1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Areas with the least amount of resources

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by unicorn720, Oct 3, 2018.

1. unicorn720

unicorn720 New commenter

Hi,

I am very new to uploading of resources. I am curious if there is a way of seeing topic areas within subjects where there are a lack of resources. I'm looking to see if there are dips in say 'area of a circle' lesson/worksheets etc... I guess it would be good to know what isn't out there and see if I can tailor what I have to offer instead of saturating TES with loads of the more 'common' topics.

I guess I'm a bit sad and want to see the stats of what's being uploaded and I have spare time to create resources in my second job and try them during my teaching days.

2. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

Hello,
    I am probably thinking what many of us on here are thinking, "If we knew the answer to your question, we would all be very happy." ;)
    Unfortunately to-date, and I have been selling resources for just about 1 year now, I have never seen any stats as to what is selling well and what is needed. :rolleyes:
    When I started out as an author on TES, there used to be a monthly list of what resources were being 'searched for' in the resources section. However, this no longer appears on my screen, so I assume it has been stopped. o_O
    I would therefore suggest you work through what you have and you will soon see what sells and what does not sell. There is no reason why you cannot use the resources search feature on TES to find out whether a resource you are about to create or upload already exists or not. I am sure you would not be the first nor the last to be doing so.
    You are in a good position, in that you are creating maths resources, which are always popular. :cool: You might think that trying to sell for a popular subject, would mean that there is a lot of competition out there, and you would be right to think so. However, as with so many things in life, it is the quality that counts and not the quantity. Look around and see for yourself. You will soon see what looks like a good resource and what doesn't. Remember that the majority of buyers are likely to be teachers who know their subjects and know what they are looking for. Buyers are unlikely to spend their money on poor-quality resources, especially as the majority are using their own money. I have so far only ever had one buyer actually purchase the school-license.
    Remain patient, positive and hopeful. It takes a while to get going, when you are quite new to selling resources here. It took me about 3 months to work out what worked and what didn't and I still have numerous surprises!
    I wish you success and satisfaction with the sale of your resources.
    M. :)

Krazikas likes this.
  3. unicorn720

unicorn720 New commenter

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm sort of approaching it with the attitude of what have I struggled to find in the past myself and taking it from there.

I'm only just getting the hang of reading my notifications! lol.

MosaiK likes this.
  4. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

The things I have that have done the best are the gaps in market i found completely by accident in that I couldn't find a good resource for it so I made my own! Other than that it's a lot of detecting, search for things and see how many search results there are. In my experience there are more resources for the cross overs topics between primary and secondary then there are for Year 11 higher tier math gcse for example. There also tends to be more number resources as they are much easier to make.

unicorn720 likes this.