1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you tired of management taking your ideas and passing them off as their own?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missb72, Oct 11, 2011.

1. I am currently working under someone who is doing exactly that. I am, in effect, doing their job for them! I know I should step back but I think the only ones who would suffer are the pupils. I am also keen to show that I have initiative so I can progress but it is getting beyond a joke now. It irritates me to know that their salary is probably nearly double mine with all the 'hats' that they wear. The headteacher knows but does nothing about it! Any ideas what I should do?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Same as me. Make sure you develop a habit of mentioning all that you do and look for a new job!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

When I was worried that someone would pass my work off as their own I made sure that anything I did on the computer had headers and footers with my name and the date.
    Perhaps in your Performance Management Review you could list some of the initiatives that have originated from you.

4. Tried doing the header and footer thing but the person constantly asks for a copy on their memory stick then erases header and footer. Also they are the person who does my performance management!! :-s

5. aw27

aw27 New commenter

The document should say who wrote it (if done on a home computer) and the date created when you click properties - even if they copy and paste it into their own document the date will be later than yours. Right click to bring up the properties, do a screen shot and print to prove the date it was created.
    Then give them a slap [​IMG]

6. aw27

aw27 New commenter

or password protect it!

7. Thanks for the advice :)