1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

are you stressed??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by getrichquick, Jan 31, 2012.

1. <u>What causes my stress?</u>
    Behaviour, constant monitoring, being told I'm not good enough, being made to feel like I'm failing, the constant threat of OFSTED, people who don't work with the whole team, marking, planning, unrealistic targets, responsibilities, pushy parents, rude parents, parents who believe every single word their darling child says, false allegations, no time to rest, early mornings, late nights, endless changing policies to read through, no time, Mr Gove, constant pressure, lack of support from SMT, people coming to me with their worries so I don't get a chance to talk about mine.
    <u>What do I do to deal with stress?</u>
    Behaviour rewards and sanctions. Sleeping at during most spare time. Putting up with the rest, whilst reminding myself that I do this job for the children I teach, who I have a great relationship with most of the time, and no one else, especially not OFSTED. While the children are making progress, I <u>AM</u> doing my job, I am <u>NOT</u> failing them, and no amount of monitoring can make me do it my job any faster. I work for the children I teach, not the people who employ me. As far as I am concerned, when I am teaching, the demands of SMT and parents comes second to the needs of the children. Remembering that I work to live, not live to work. When I am not teaching, I make sure I have some time to myself (but I often end up sharing this time with a glass of wine!)