1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you sick right now, recovering from last term?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by wendywellnow, Jul 27, 2012.

1. How may others of you tend to spend the first week of almost every holiday ill - having successfully managed to take no time off during term-time?

2. Yep that's me. Stinking cold and could get a gold medal for coughing. Getting plenty of practice. Get very little done off my holiday list.
    How about you wendywell?

3. Thanks for this info![​IMG]

4. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I literally became poorly on the Friday evening that we broke up for the holidays and have been ill ever since. Absolutely terrible sore throat for the first few days, rotten cold, chest completely chocka block, which then loosened to become a productive cough which hasn't let up since. 9 days of illness and counting.
    I blame the run up to the holidays. My school did not allow any ease-up at all. The exam prep frenzy with lunchtimes and after-schools given up to revision was a killer. Then, the year 11s left on study leave but we weren't allowed any additional free time. Year 11s were scheduled to come in during our y11, 12 and 13 time for revision classes, so that created extra work because we were doing revision classes with students we didn't really know. Then, after half-term we rolled the timetable forward so we got all of our new classes. Add to that a year 6/7 induction FORTNIGHT during which time year 7s were in their usual lessons....there was just no time to rest at all.
    Needless to say, I'm fairly certain this had a massive impact on my health.