1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you selling your PGCE Primary books?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Barbarella13, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm starting a PGCE Primary course in September and I'm looking for the following books:

1. Docking, J. & MacGrath, M (2002), Managing Behaviour in the Primary School, (3rd Edition) David Fulton A useful text for exploring this key dimension.

2. Hayes, D. (2"d Ed. 1999), Foundations of Primary Teaching, David Fulton. A good introductory text on the teacher's role and classroom issues.

3. Jacques, K & Hyland, R (Ed) (3rd Ed.2007) Achieving QTS, Meeting the Professional Standards Framework, Professional Studies Learning Matters A general text aimed at trainee teachers. Strong on classroom issues.

4. Knowles, G. (Ed) (2006) Supporting Inclusive Practice, David Fulton

5. Pollard, A. (3rd Ed. 2008), Reflective Teaching. Cassell
    This is the new version of a very popular and useful text which covers all aspects of classroom teaching.

6. Medwell, J; Wray, D; Minns, H; Griffiths, V. & Coates, E. (2011) Primary English - Teaching Theory and Practice, (5th Ed.) Learning Matters Ltd.

7. Wray, D; Medwell, J; Moore, G. & Griffiths, V. (2011), Primary English - Knowledge and Understanding, (5th Ed.) Learning Matters Ltd.

8. Cotton, T. (2010) Understanding and Teaching Primary Mathematics Essex: Pearsons
    Education Ltd

9. Haylock, D. (4th Ed. 2010) Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers. London: Sage Publications

Please let me know if you would like to sell any of the above books and how much would you sell them for.

Many thanks,

Adriana

2. Hi everyone,

I'm starting a PGCE Primary course in September and I'm looking for the following books:

1. Docking, J. & MacGrath, M (2002), Managing Behaviour in the Primary School, (3rd Edition) David Fulton A useful text for exploring this key dimension.

2. Hayes, D. (2"d Ed. 1999), Foundations of Primary Teaching, David Fulton. A good introductory text on the teacher's role and classroom issues.

3. Jacques, K & Hyland, R (Ed) (3rd Ed.2007) Achieving QTS, Meeting the Professional Standards Framework, Professional Studies Learning Matters A general text aimed at trainee teachers. Strong on classroom issues.

4. Knowles, G. (Ed) (2006) Supporting Inclusive Practice, David Fulton

5. Pollard, A. (3rd Ed. 2008), Reflective Teaching. Cassell
    This is the new version of a very popular and useful text which covers all aspects of classroom teaching.

6. Medwell, J; Wray, D; Minns, H; Griffiths, V. & Coates, E. (2011) Primary English - Teaching Theory and Practice, (5th Ed.) Learning Matters Ltd.

7. Wray, D; Medwell, J; Moore, G. & Griffiths, V. (2011), Primary English - Knowledge and Understanding, (5th Ed.) Learning Matters Ltd.

8. Cotton, T. (2010) Understanding and Teaching Primary Mathematics Essex: Pearsons
    Education Ltd

9. Haylock, D. (4th Ed. 2010) Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers. London: Sage Publications

Please let me know if you would like to sell any of the above books and how much would you sell them for.

Many thanks,

Adriana

3. Hey,

Don't know if this is much help but I actually found a few of those books on ebay for £2.70 with free p&p. Between there and amazon (used) section I have got most of mine for under £25. We were advised to save money and go for the older editions because there was very little difference between them!

4. Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. I'll have a look on ebay now!

5. If you are still looking for books my post on here has the books I am selling listed, I have sold some of them but most of them are still available.

6. Hi if you have a look at my earlier post on this forum I have listed the books I am selling, have sold the Sewell, Donaldson, Arthur, Wyse and passing the skills tests books but all the others are still available if you are interested. My email addy if you are interested is izzy72@hotmail.co.uk

7. Hi Izzy, will have a look now, many thanks!

8. Hi! Sorry for the delay in writing this. I've just finished the Primary PGCE at Derby, and am selling some of my books on ebay. I don't have any of the ones asked for, but the ones I used were pretty useful. Not sure if it'll work, but my ebay name is gan377, so if you're still looking for books feel free to have a browse :)