1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you on M6? Please could you complete this short survey.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by b_m, Jan 21, 2011.

1. b_m

b_m New commenter

I will explain the reasons for this at a later point, but if you are a Main Scale teacher paid on point 6, could you please answer the following questions for me so I can get an overall picture of what is happening in other schools.
    • Is this your first year on M6?
    • When did you move to M6?
    • Have you applied to cross the Threshold as yet? (please pick which questions below to answer depending on your response!)
      • If yes, have you recieved a response as yet?
      • If yes, what format did your application take? Did you include any evidence, if so, what?
      • If no, do you expect to apply this year?
      • If no, do you understand what format your application will take?
    Thanks in advance for you time in aswering these.

2. b_m

b_m New commenter

I will explain the reasons for this at a later point, but if you are a Main Scale teacher paid on point 6, could you please answer the following questions for me so I can get an overall picture of what is happening in other schools.
    • Is this your first year on M6?
    • When did you move to M6?
    • Have you applied to cross the Threshold as yet? (please pick which questions below to answer depending on your response!)
      • If yes, what format did your application take? Did you include any evidence, if so, what?
    Thanks in advance for you time in aswering these.

• Is this your first year on M6? - No
    • When did you move to M6? - Threeyears ago
    • Have you applied to cross the Threshold as yet? - Yes, twice.
      • If yes, have you recieved a response as yet? - Yes, twice.
      • If yes, what format did your application take? Did you include any evidence, if so, what? - First application was on the old form, and I did have to provide the evidence I had referenced. Second time I was asked to submit a full year's worth of work from 2 pupils as part of my assessment.
      • If no, do you expect to apply this year? Undecided.
      • If no, do you understand what format your application will take? Yes.
    What's this data being used for?

3. 2004ajd

2004ajd New commenter

• Is this your first year on M6? YES
    • When did you move to M6? SEPT 2010
    • Have you applied to cross the Threshold as yet? (please pick which questions below to answer depending on your response!) If no, do you expect to apply this year? NO
    If no, do you understand what format your application will take? NO

• Is this your first year on M6? Yes
    • When did you move to M6? September 2010
    • Have you applied to cross the Threshold as yet? No (please pick which questions below to answer depending on your response!)
      • If no, do you expect to apply this year? Yes
      • If no, do you understand what format your application will take? Yes, I will be writing a letter to my Head to inform them of my wish to cross the threshold.

• Is this your first year on M6? YES
    • When did you move to M6? Sept/Oct 2010
      • If yes, have you recieved a response as yet? LETTER TO HEAD
      • If yes, what format did your application take? Did you include any evidence, if so, what? NO - NEW GUIDELINES STATE NO EVIDENCE NEEDED _ CPD OBS etc ONLY
    • NB All M5 & M6 met with Head in AUG 2010. We were all told of the new guidelines (much to the annoyance of colleagues who had prepared folders full of evidence) I just had to write to the head stating that I wished to apply for UPS and all threshold will be done on the strength of CPD and making sure we meet the targets. Wrote letter in SEPT 2010 as we have a new HT.

4. b_m

b_m New commenter

I'm trying to find out what the actual practice is in schools. My HT tells me that the "norm" is that people apply in their 7th year, and produce lists of standards and evidence. I'm trying to prove that his idea of reality most certainly isn't the "norm".

Thanks for all replies so far.

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

www.tda.gov.uk outlines the new arrangements for applying for Threshold.
    Only those who don't get CPD (supply teachers etc) now use the old style application form with evidence. Everyone else writes a letter asking for Threshold approval and uses their last 2 CPDs (successful ones) as evidence.
    You can apply in the school year when you are first paid on M6 (that was the 4th year of teaching for my sister). As some CPD deadlines are early in the next school year, the deadline for someone on M6 for the first time in the 2010/11 school year is actually 31st Oct 2011. As soon as you get a successful 2nd CPD (covering your M6 year), apply and if successful, you move to UPS1 from 1st Sept 2011

6. b_m

b_m New commenter

Sorry I don't understand this. CPD is Continuing Professional Development correct? How do I get a "2nd successful CPD"- do you mean Performance Management (PM) Review?
    Also could you provide a fuller link for the advic on th TDA website you refer to? I believe there is no requirement for the application to include a review for the M6 year, however you indicate that this is a requirement?