1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you having technical issues with the forums?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Jul 20, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @SundaeTrifle,

Thank you for flagging the issue. Do you mean the messages link via the user profile preview:

upload_2019-5-31_13-17-59.png

If so, please can you let me know and I will pass this on to the techies.

If you are referring to the Community activity button that was at the bottom of the main user profile page, this feature was removed from members' profiles last year.

2. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

I think I must have been clicking on the community activity button? Nothing happens if I click on the messages text. It isn’t hypertext.

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Do you mean if you click on, eg, the '201' showing on your User Profile Preview nothing happens? When I put my mouse pointer over the number of messages on your profile it turns into a hyperlink and your posts appear. Something to with the settings on your PC/device?

Attached Files:

SundaeTrifle likes this.
  4. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I've had to reset my password three times in the last few days - it's really annoying

6. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

That's happened to me too.

7. Nosheen_xo

Nosheen_xo New commenter

Hi, I'd like to know how to change my username please on TES.

8. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

You need to ask TES admin to change it for you; you cannot do it yourself. Email help@tes.com telling them your current username, what you want it changed to, and why (usually because the current one is your real name or could identify you).

9. Rott Weiler

10. helenm201

helenm201 New commenter

Hello,

I'm not sure if I have come to the right place.

Another forum member has offered some dyslexia tests for sale in the special education forum. I have replied to her post, and tried to message her directly, but I don't think my messages are getting to her as she has listed the tests again. Do forum members get an email if there is a private message or a reply to a post? Is there a better way to contact her directly? Thanks for your help, Helen

11. Rott Weiler

Your posts on the SEN thread are appearing, both this one yesterday and this one on January 30th, so if the member you replied to comes here to read the thread she will see them. I can't tell whether your PM reached her but if when you sent it (ie started a new Conversation) it sent OK (there were no error messages) and you got the message at top of the screen that says something 'Your Conversation has been successfully created' then I expect she has received that too. According to her online profile the person you are trying to contact has not (as I write this) logged in to TES since 10.56am yesterday.

Members can choose to be sent an email every time someone either sends them a Conversation or posts on a thread they have posted on but as most of us get more than enough emails most people turn that off and only see any replies when the come here to look for them. You cannot email them directly yourself so all you can do is wait for the person to come here and see your messages.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  12. helenm201

helenm201 New commenter

Thank you for your reply. I will be patient!

Helen

13. coachfulmail

coachfulmail New commenter

14. coachfulmail

coachfulmail New commenter

Thank you in advance for your help!

15. gorge441

gorge441 New commenter

Still not