1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you having technical issues with the forums?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Jul 20, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @install, what type of mobile phone is it?

2. install

install Star commenter

Hi Samsung Galaxy ..

3. TES_Rosaline

4. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Lead commenter

I am still not receiving any email notifications on any thread I am watching. I did go into preferences and I ticked the relevant boxes there ...but still no emails ..... any ideas ?

5. TES_Rosaline

Hello @HelenREMfan,

Sorry that you are having problems with your alerts. I'll pass this on to the techies to check if everything is working as it should.

Please bear with us while we try to resolve the issue.

6. red_observer

red_observer Lead commenter

Have I lost my edit facility? did I actually ever have one? ive just noticed I can on my phone but not on lap top! please advise! cheers.

7. install

install Star commenter

I type messages, then press send but the messages do not stay on - so I have to type and post it all over again :(

8. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I've had to log onto a new computer as I've had techie issues and am still logged on via my phone but when logging on the new computer it says I'm locked out.

If this posts from the phone then clearly I am not logged out... confused.

9. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

I had trouble yesterday trying to 'like' posts. When I clicked on 'like', nothing happened. I have tried several times to start new threads but when I try to post them, nothing happens- like the poster in p27.

10. TES_Rosaline

Sorry to hear that you are all experiencing problems with the forum platform.

Please can you let me know @red_observer, @install, @needabreak and @zizzyballoon if you are still having the same problems?

In the meantime, I will let the techies know about your posts.

Please can you let me know the device and browser you are using? @needabreak, what phone are you using as well as the browsers on your phone and computer?

Please bear with us while we try to resolve the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience these glitches have caused.

install likes this.
  11. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

Thank you @TES_Rosaline. Things seem to be back to normal for me now.

install likes this.
  12. install

install Star commenter

Thankyou -will do:)

13. TES_Rosaline

That's good. Thank you @zizzyballoon for letting me know.

14. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @install.

install likes this.
  15. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Thank you @TES_Rosaline, I appear to have resolved the issue, have PM'd you.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. TES_Rosaline

You're welcome @needabreak. Thank you for letting me know that you have resolved the issue. I've replied to your conversation.

needabreak likes this.
  17. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

For the half an hour just passed I could neither log into Community or any of the TES.com sites as Firefox insisted that the security certificate was out of date (as of 13:00 today) Chrome on my phone let me log in but not FF
    As you can see it is now working. Slightly puzzling but thought I should flag it up @TES_Rosaline

18. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Didactylos4,

Welcome back. Sorry for the delay in responding to your post, I've been on annual leave. I'll ask the tech team if they are aware of the issue. Thank you for flagging up the glitch.

19. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

You're welcome of course
    I did check that the time both on my computer and linked in the FF software was correct (it matched internet timestamps and other sources) Had it not done so I would not have flagged it.

20. TES_Rosaline