1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you having technical issues with the forums?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Jul 20, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

I know that some forum members have reported some technical issues when posting on the forums. These include being logged out and not being able to view people's profiles.

Sorry about the inconvenience these technical issues have caused you. If anyone else is experiencing similar issues or new ones please can you log them in the following thread: https://community.tes.com/threads/community-site-bugs.210982/page-22, to give us an idea of the scale of the issue?

Don't forget to add details of what you were trying to do if you were logged out of the forums, how many tabs were open, your device, browser, and any adblock software. Please include any screen grabs of error pages and error messages as well.

Please clear the cache in the first instance; use the logged in option; and only use one tab to use the forums, if possible.

Please bear with us while we try to resolve the issues.

Thank you.

essayzilla likes this.
  2. misshilland

misshilland New commenter

Hi there, could you pm me as I would like to delete something and cannot seem to be able to message you. Thanks

3. TES_Rosaline

Hello @misshilland,

I will start a private conversation with you but it might be quicker for you to report the forum content, if you want a post or thread removed.

Each post has the word 'Report' at the bottom of the comment box:

upload_2017-2-13_15-36-8.png

Click on the 'Report' button and a pop-up box will appear:

upload_2017-2-13_15-36-21.png

Fill in the box with the reason for reporting the post or thread.

Reporting content in the forums is the quickest way to bring it to the attention of the Moderation Team.

4. thistledoo

thistledoo Senior commenter

Hi,
    I like the 'new' TES style, thank you.

Has anyone else had problems when adding a quote to a post? I can highlight the text to quote, the '+Quote' appears but when I want to add it to the 'post reply' box the quote bubble at the bottom isn't there? It has happened sporadically.

Also, the little blue circles for the amount of pages do not always have numbers on them.

I do check and wait to see if the page has 'loaded'.

Thanks

essayzilla likes this.
  5. TES_Rosaline

Hello @thistledoo,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your message.

Sorry that you are experiencing problems with the platform. Is the multi-quote function working properly now?

What about the missing pagination? I flagged up this issue last week.

Thank you for reporting the issues.

dclerck8 likes this.
  6. thistledoo

Hi @TES_Rosaline,

I'm sorry but not sure about the multi-quote function as have not tried it today but I will let you know. It was sporadic and didn't work sometimes.
    I have not noticed any blue circles without the numbers over the weekend.

Thank you

dclerck8 likes this.
  7. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @thistledoo.

This issue has been fixed.

Don't worry thistledoo. If you encounter further problems the next time you use the function please let me know.

Thank you.

8. thistledoo

Hi @TES_Rosaline, no problems today with 'depositing' intended quote!

Thank you

9. TES_Rosaline

That's good news. Thank you @thistledoo for letting me know.

10. samanthasaville

samanthasaville New commenter

Hi @TES_Rosaline I don't seem to be able to start any conversations with anyone. There is simply no option to start one. Can you help please?

11. TES_Rosaline

Hello @samanthasaville, new members usually have to post in the forums to become established members. Once their status has changed they will be able to unlock more features in the forums including the conversation feature.

12. sudjai_332211za

sudjai_332211za New commenter

Thanks for pick up me logged in. And i have no problem.

13. niizha_oh5

niizha_oh5 New commenter

Can I get more information?

sbobet

14. galiya_gilyazova

galiya_gilyazova New commenter

Hello! Could you please tell me what types of files can be attached to a post? It seems I can't do it with the Word document.

15. gianfrancoconti1966

gianfrancoconti1966 Occasional commenter

Hi Rosaline,
    I have reported some issue with a thread in the MFL forum but have had no reply. Could you please help?

Cheers

Gianfranco

16. TES_Rosaline

17. install

install Star commenter

Hi - when I am editing a reply, the text to edit becomes single letters running down the left hand side.

It only goes back to normal to allow editing, if I scroll all the way to the bottom of the text to be edited and tap on it at the very end.

Is this normal or is there anything I could do to make editing a reply easier?

18. TES_Rosaline

Hello @install,

Sorry that you are experiencing issues with editing posts.

What device and browser are you using? This could be a page loading issue but I'll check with the techies once I know what device you are using.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

19. install

install Star commenter

Hi -mobile phone and internet explorer

20. TES_Rosaline