1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you feeling post Xmas angst?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Do you feel a sense of anti climax? Are your emotions stirred up? Do you feel different from how you did before Xmas?

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I feel fatter and inclined to shun alcohol for a while.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yes. It's been a strange few days.

RedQuilt and Lascarina like this.
  4. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Yup. The family, which had gathered joyfully for the Christmas celebration, is now scattering to the four corners of the Earth (okay, the country). I miss them already...

:(

5. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I don't know if it's an anti climax I'm feeling but I'm certainly feeling very unsettled, not sure I can translate how I feel into words. It's not pleasant whatever it is.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Me too. And it's a feeling I recognise from this post Xmas period in other years.

kibosh likes this.
  7. ninenotes

ninenotes Senior commenter

Its a comedown from too much eating and drinking.

8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

No. It's much more than that.

kibosh likes this.
  9. ninenotes

ninenotes Senior commenter

But if you've had more sugar and alcohol than you're used to it will play its part.

I'm on a cheese comedown myself.

kibosh likes this.
  10. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I feel strange because normally, in this week between Christmas and New Year I'd be marking mock papers or preping for next term. Now education is a part of my past I feel a bit lost. I'm back at work tomorrow and I think we're getting the shop ready for a sale.
    All these new experiences are tiring, I must say!! :D

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Actually I don't feel too different - been a quiet xmas for us.

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

For me,it's the usual realisation that I really,really,really like to stay home and that I do not want to go back to work!

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

No angst whatsoever here. Glad to be back in my own house amongst my own rubbish, not driving anywhere, eating normally and doing whatever I damn well please.

sabrinakat and Lascarina like this.
  14. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I'm not feeling angst but I am feeling a little flat having waved off son this morning knowing I won't be seeing him for another four months or so. It will pass and then I'll bounce back full of New Year resolutions.....which will also pass.

15. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I have a vague sense of relief that my normal routine can commence, and I can get on with the stuff that makes me feel happy and productive. Not that I wasn't happy over Christmas, but it does get in the way somewhat...

16. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Not for me
    I'm still drinking

17. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

we were away too long this time and i was glad to be back. been battling lurgy too, which arrived on Christmas Eve and is still hanging about.
    tomorrow, it's back to work. I have planning to do and a small but significant backlog of marking/data entry. could do with another week.

18. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

It's not food or drink related for me as I don't drink and have eaten very moderately. I think it's just going from being very busy with a houseful of people to bringing my own. I've come to the conclusion that I don't do too well on my own.

19. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I'm a bit unsettled in general but it's not really a Christmas thing. I'd quite like to get lost in a book but I can't seem to settle to anything.

kibosh and Lascarina like this.
  20. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

My thoughts exactly - I get bored very easily if I'm neither creative nor productive, and endless Christmas preparation tasks don't count in my mind. The event is worth doing but it's all a bit of a distraction.

sabrinakat, kibosh and coffeekid like this.