1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you feelig even a twinge of guilt Boris?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dragonlady30, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

vannie likes this.
  2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

This case alone makes Johnson unfit to be an MP, let alone a minister...and if he is PM? God help us!

afterdark, Laphroig, vannie and 2 others like this.
  3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That poor woman. I cannot get my head around what she is going through. Her family must be distraught.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

*Sees a story about a woman being chained to a bed in Iran*

*Sees criticism of Boris Johnson*

Erm... what about Iran?

5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I guess a lot of us expect Iran to treat Britons badly... But we all expect the Foreign Secretary to read his brief and not give our enemies more ammunition to make this citizen's life and situation worse through his incompetence.

I mean, was it so hard for him to get it right?

afterdark, knitone, Laphroig and 6 others like this.
  6. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

This case is fairly typical of Johnson's attitude. Rather then briefing himself on the details.of the case, he thinks he can bluff and bluster from a position of ignorance based on arrogance, and sod the consequences.

7. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

There's a lot of it about. People seem to lap it up... given the lack of a better alternative.

Lara mfl 05 and Dragonlady30 like this.
  8. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Precisely.

9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I doubt whether he's ever held himself accountable for anything or anybody in his entire life.

I doubt whether he ever will.

If he makes a mess of being PM he will just walk away and leave it to others to sort his messes out like he has done his whole "career".

knitone and FrankWolley like this.
  10. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

If the Iranians hadn't seized on the Foreign Secretary's remarks they would have found some other excuse to abuse this poor woman.

nomad likes this.
  11. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

He belongs to a smallish group that only feels it necessary to interact with peers within the group. Unfortunately it is the rest of us who are the pieces they use for their games.

guinnesspuss and peakster like this.