1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you enforcing social distancing within the key worker bubble or not?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Biggrizzleybear, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Biggrizzleybear

Biggrizzleybear New commenter

Are you enforcing social distancing within the key worker bubble or not?

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

3. Biggrizzleybear

I agree it shouldn't be enforced within the key worker bubble.

In our local school children in the key worker group share resources, play together and eat lunch in the dining hall with staff and staff don't try to distance if children try to hug them.

My friend has to send her child there as she is a key worker. My two children will have to go back next week as I work for the NHS and I am going back from night shifts to day shifts.

4. Biggrizzleybear

Can anyone else share what is happening at their primary school?

5. Biggrizzleybear

6. rararasputin

rararasputin Lead commenter

Primary school teachers are probably at work.

7. Biggrizzleybear

They can reply later then.

8. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

In the past we have had "posters" that have had conversations with themselves by having more than one, indeed several, posting identities, but not one where the OP answers him/herself!

9. LiamD

LiamD Occasional commenter

We do enforce social distancing in our secondary school, I wouldn't be there if we didn't.

agathamorse likes this.
  10. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

This is a thread to advertise your stupidity.

Fill your boots people.

11. SparkMaths

SparkMaths Occasional commenter

It's impossible for key workers in hospitals to socially distance, the buildings are too cramped. That's why they have access (in theory) to testing.

My wife has been redeployed to a hospital and she's been told off by busybodies for eating lunch with people she's been inside 2m of all day anyway.

12. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

They also have PPE. Or should have.

Sally006 and agathamorse like this.
  13. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

If you are concerned, why not contact your children’s school as a more appropriate source of information?

14. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

When we open on 15th there will be rigorous SD in place. There will be zero SD in place on the buses and on the roads to and from school. None whatever.

needabreak, agathamorse and Laphroig like this.
  15. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Same as above - they are in the hall all day and social distance where possible. Lots of hand washing.

I think it will always depend on the nature of the bubble. If you have (as at my local school) most of the kids being year 6, then they will probably be good at helping the younger kids keep distance as they will (should) set a good example.

If the bubble is more infant school based there will be.....trouble.

ajrowing likes this.
  16. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

I'm secondary and our KW children are socially distanced in school, where they do the work the others are doing at home.

needabreak likes this.
  17. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Are you working all days? I don't know if this is standard practice but the local school tells keyworker parents they can only use the service when at work, rather than because you are a keyworker.

This led to friction as a doctor explained he does 3 x 12 hour shifts but never turns down a call to help the other two days, which he invariably does. He wanted the kid cared for so he could do that.

Not sure how they resolved it, will try to find out.

18. Biggrizzleybear

Yes we do have PPE.

19. Biggrizzleybear

I am currently working 5 days a week.

20. Biggrizzleybear

I have.