1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you a teaching SENCo in mainstream primary

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by NQT1986, Mar 8, 2016.

1. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

If so-do you struggle to fit it all in?!

How many days do you have to do your SEN role and how many children on your SEN register?

Are you paid an SEN or TLR allowance as well or just as a mainscale teacher?

2. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

I was a teacher and SENCO. I had about 30 children on SEN Register. I had half a day a week SENCO time. It wasn't enough, especially if I had annual reviews to do or statements (as was then)!to apply for.

3. markedout

markedout Occasional commenter

My role has evolved over the last 5 years.

years 1, 2 and 3: 4 days a week as Y1 class teacher, 0.5 day each for management role and PPA
    last year: I was Y1 class teacher 2.5 days a week, 1.5 days interventions, 0.5 day each for management role and PPA
    this year 2.5 days interventions, 2 mornings team teaching Y1, 1 afternoon covering Y3 PPA, 0.5 day each for management role and PPA

There are 35 on SEN register, 4 have statement/EHCP. It is a one form entry primary. I am also on the SLT and have a TLR as I am a senior teacher (bit like assistant head).