1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are you a teacher with an invisible disability?

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by lacey5, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lacey5

lacey5 New commenter

I’m investigating what issues teachers with an invisible disability experience in today’s workplace and I thought this would be a good place to start. If you have an invisible disability, I would love to hear from you to find out more about the issues you are facing or have faced; the support offered by senior staff and colleagues; what, if any, specific requirements that were considered or made to help you to work and what coping strategies you have used. This is a sensitive topic so participants can remain anonymous, if they prefer. Equality in the workplace is an important subject and your experiences could be included in a feature for TES to raise awareness about this topic and the level of support offered or needed to help more people, who have an invisible disability, work in the profession.

Please start a private conversation with me if you are interested in contributing. Many thanks!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forums @lacey5.

Also, if forum members know of any one who would be happy to share their experiences please can you let Lacey5 know by starting a private conversation with her?

Thank you.

3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.