1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are we all watching TOAST

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lardylegs, Dec 30, 2010.

1. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Beautiful period detail, especially clocks! I loved the book, though, and not sure this TV version captured all the humour. Thought the lad and Helena BC were very good!

2. Good job BBC!

3. Haven't read the book and don't like his Simple Suppers programme but watched anyway. So glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

4. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Really enjoyed and am being soppy now watching Love Actually for the umteenth time!

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Loved Ken Stott and the details - great duffle bag! Somehow the last "Nigel" managed to capture something of his expression.

6. Nice stocking tops ( I bet that bit had Blazer dribbling in his Bishop's Finger) :¬))

7. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Really enjoyed it - it was fun seeing things like proper Fairy washing up liquid bottles and old Shreddies boxes.Helena Bonham Carter was fab.
    Nigel himself being in it at the end freaked both OH and I out slightly though...

8. I'm planning on watching it later. We were on a school trip at the Black Country Museum back in the summer when they were fiming some of the scenes. They used the back to back houses which we were allowed in at lunchtime when they took a break from filming!

9. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I sky+ it as I wasn't sure... (I love his books but not normally his tv programmes). It sounds like this might be worth a watch though - something to do tomorrow night :)

10. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I really enjoyed that - just iplayered it as my dvd player ate it last night. Felt sorry for old dad who was fed to death.