1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are University of York STEM CPD sessions worth the effort of getting there?

Discussion in 'Science' started by kittykittykitty, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kittykittykitty

kittykittykitty New commenter

Hi all,
    I haven't posted in years but wanted to know if anyone had had CPD with the National STEM center at York uni. It's a five hour drive from me, and quite likely an overnight stay - I wanted to know from others who had had STEM CPD there if it was worth the effort?
    Thanks.

2. CharlotteD9

CharlotteD9 New commenter

I went on a NQT course there and loved it. Found it really useful and still refer back to the resources from the course today. I suspect it will depend upon which course and the individual but I would say it’s worth it (the food was fab too!)

3. Evertonian

Evertonian New commenter

I've done loads albeit a while back now - had the whole department out and I've done two residentials up there. Absolutely brilliant imo...only once had some less than great feedback from those out. I can't tell you how much I got out of spending time with HoDs/teachers on the campus and getting to spend full days away from the craziness of school (not a bad beer down the local either!). Wish I could find another I could be allowed on! BTW if they still do CERN I used my half-term to go and was more than happy doing it...trip of a lifetime if that sort of physics holds any interest! If anyone from their is reading, thank you for all the hard work - if that sort of thing had been coming from every LEA nationally I suspect we'd all be having much happier times!