1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

are these the level thresholds?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CarrieV, Jul 4, 2011.

1. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Looks like them to me too!

3. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

OMG! Bleddy brill! Look at that Level 4 writing threshold! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

WOW! Could be worse.

Add doing some rapid calculations to my list of things to do before bed tonight!

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I've done mine!
    Writing 58%
    Reading 92% ( we can read, but we can't bloody write!)
    English 84%
    Maths 75%
    E/M combined 75% ( yippeee, above floor target this year!)

My 12 have worked their little socks off!

6. WOW!

L4 for writing is low!

Moves us from 69% to 88% Get in there! Those 2-3 marks have made a massive difference!

7. Level 4 brill- wish 5 threshold was lower!! But i am pretty happy!!
    What a year!!!!!!!!!!!

8. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Can't believe they've lowered the writing threshold by 2 marks! I am an exceedingly happy bunny now! :D

9. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

And mine!

Writing 55%

Reading 72%

English 62% (not perfect, but better than last year.)
    English is just my class, there is another to add to get the school's results.

Maths 93%, but I do have the top half and so also have 34% level 5s, but won't be that high overall for the school. (Of the two who missed level 4, one only just moved up to my set so was always a risk and the other only joined us 18 months before SATs with no English at all, so I am dead pleased she missed a 4 by 2 marks!)

Overall, can't really do with only half the results and a very skewed maths set.

Disappointed with the level 5 maths, hoped a few more would have made it, 4 children in the 70s. Ahh well, they worked hard and so did I, can't have done more.

10. To calculate the E / M combined do you just take overall English score?
    New to all this!

11. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

You need to look at how many managed a level 4 in English overall AND in maths too.

12. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I have 42% level 5 in maths. One other was on 76 [​IMG] ( and he's EAL so his explanations were rather difficult to follow!)and 2 more on 73-so close but not close enough!