1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are there better deals than deadlines?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by adesua, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I am finding deadlines unbearable.

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Congratulations on making your first post, nearly 2 years after registering.

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Yes, I think that taking two years to make a first post means yet another missed deadline!

4. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

i always set my team the deadline 2 weeks before it is needed because they are so awful at keeping to them - i hate deadlines too but what is the alternative?!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yes.

My partner teacher always does every job the moment he is given it and hands it to the relevant person. Never has a clue what the deadline is and doesn't need to.

Drives me nuts!

Personally I love deadlines, they are the only way I get any work done. If there isn't a deadline where I have to give something to someone else, then I tend not to do the task. I can work extremely efficiently when close to a deadline.

6. I am the same minniminx. We were given our report sticks in the Easter holidays and a member of staff in our school had them finished and handed back in during the first week back. I on the other hand set myself goals to finish certain bits by but inevitibly never do and end up working right up to the deadline!
    I seem to have this in built desire to put myself under immense pressure! Without deadlines I probably wouldn't get anything done.

7. I'm afraid I'm one of those annoying people who hands in stuff the day before it's due. It's just the way I am. I don't like working under pressure, I like being on top of things all the time.[​IMG]
    What's really annoying is doing something on time and then watching some people get away with not doing it at all.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I do do everything that I have to hand in...and always on time. Just almost never early.

The things I don't do are things that have no impact on teaching and learning and no-one will ever ask me for.

Don't mind the day before, but handing in reports three weeks early is just weird imo!