1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are there any teachers happy in their jobs on here?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by br0wnsugar, Oct 19, 2015.

1. carla746

carla746 New commenter

I loved my job (which I did for 19 years) until I came to teach in the UK. I work with challenging pupils. I do my best to teach them modern languages. However, there is total lack of respect towards me. I feel really stressed out with chaos and constant disruption. Luckily, I have a great mentor. Pity though, I got her after 3 months of teaching. I just wonder what the problem is- is it me or the subject or the number of challenging pupils. My self-esteem is close to zero. I have been thinking about quitting the job.

2. seniorjoel95

seniorjoel95 New commenter

I teach music at a very well run school, a subject I have been passionate about since I can remember. Now I get to work with music everyday and inspire others to learn about something so close to me. For that reason, I am extremely happy and wouldn't want to do anything else.

3. most definitely. i have been teaching for 8 years and am loving every minute of it.

4. shayne_smith

shayne_smith New commenter

I've been a very happy teacher ... ever since I left teaching... :D

5. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

You beat me to it! Very happy since retiring, but I have done lots of voluntary work in poor schools in India and Asia - wonderful and recommended. The thought of going back into scummy UK secondary schools and dealing with endless behaviour problems makes puking seem fun.