1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are there any life coaches who are teachers?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by miss_terious, Aug 11, 2020.

1. miss_terious

miss_terious New commenter

I am looking for a mentor/ life coach, someone to help bring my confidence back. I'm currently in a school where I feel I can't approach leaders for support in leading my subject as it is seen as failure.

I know because the last time I went for support on a different matter, that's how I was made to feel.

How do you move on in your career when you can't seek help and advice?

If anyone knows of any consultants who offer mentoring services and help with career development please let me know.

Thanks!

2. br0wnsugar

br0wnsugar Occasional commenter

I have coached/mentored trainee/NQTs but it depends on the subject area that you teach. Can you enlighten us?

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Make a sideways move and then look for promotion?

If you can't ask for support from SLT, then it isn't a school worth staying in.

4. MathMan1

MathMan1 New commenter

Hi @miss_terious,

I'm currently studying maths to progress onto a PGCE and I also work as a hypnotherapist / life coach.

Yes, confidence can be something that's hard to build up and easy to lose in an instant, but I'll let you into a secret - you must have at least some confidence tucked away in you somewhere, else you'd never have decided to put up your post.

Anyhow, if you'd like a 'virtual coffee' to talk through what you'd like to get from any coaching or mentoring we could have a Zoom or Skype call.

At the least, you'd get a for-free chance to begin to shape up what your next steps could be - at the most, well, let's see ...

I don't know whether there's a way to PM on here - I can't see it on my post & I didn't want to post a url on here in the first instance (I think it's because we're both labelled 'New Commentator'?).

Let me know if you'd like to speak & I'm sure we can link up.

5. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

I’m currently training as an executive coach. I’d be happy to offer some sessions - send me a direct message

6. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter