1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are there any Christian teachers in secondary schools?

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by goodbradb, Jul 7, 2017.

1. goodbradb

goodbradb New commenter

If so, how do you share your faith in the classroom? What strategies have worked for you to allow students to hear truth in the classroom?

pepper5 and meetthehil1 like this.
  2. meetthehil1

meetthehil1 New commenter

Yes there are lots. In my school we have about 5/65. We encourage each other when it gets challenging and try to be kind but firm. Quite hard but you've gotta keep trying. Also, we will pray with each other if needed or with a student if the want.

In my classroom I just try to model the right behavior even if I screw up one day.

pepper5 likes this.
  3. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Established commenter

Teachers should not impose their faith ( regardless of what it is ) on vulnerable people ( children) who will simply accept anything told as being truth. It is an abuse of your position.

lilachardy likes this.
  4. theworm123

theworm123 Established commenter

Ever heard of the establishment clause? What you are doing is against federal law.

5. FarSideofParadise

FarSideofParadise New commenter

'Hear truth'? Oh dear, I'm afraid that as an adult in a position of responsibility you should not impose your beliefs on those vulnerable young people you are in charge of. I'm not sure of the laws in America, being a U.K teacher, but it can be seen as a case of gross misconduct.