1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are the new terms and conditions being implemented in your LA?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by sos1, Oct 28, 2011.

1. So far I have only seen drastic changes for short term supply teachers in our LA, nothing else seems to have changed. What happened to the proposed new posts....increased week for probationers....maternity?
    Reading between the lines, I think the changes are deliberately Machiavellian, targeting perceived weaker groups of teachers ( supply, probationers, maternity) who have less of a voice and strength in numbers purely as a means of reducing costs.
    What do you think?[​IMG]

2. I think any attack on our conditions of service affects all of us. Our probationers all have increased timetables and those on chartered teacher have been told to stop. The issue of maternity/sickness and school closure days hasn't yet come up. Everything is about cost cutting and de-professionalising teaching. Meh.

3. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

No sh*t Sherlock? Apologies if that's a little rude!

This was absolutely the policy. Some authorities have not implemented every aspect of the SOD (sell out deal). Those who are less financially challenged don't need to - YET. However, as the cuts bite, it's only a matter of time.

4. I think even the better off authorities have implemented these.

5. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

that was the situation when I started! Seems like we are going backwards not forwards. McCormac teaching for the the 20th century!