1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are the DfE likely to change NQT induction regulations in the near future?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by rob_h1, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Upon visiting the GTC website I have read that the DfE have conducted a questionnaire, inquiring about altering a few aspects of induction.

The area of interest for me is the change to places where induction can be completed. The questionnaire suggests that the DfE may consider allowing NQTs to complete induction in PRUs. If this is the case and the DfE change the regulations, when will the teaching community first hear about it? The questionnaire was closed in December 2011.

I ask because I am an N.Q.T who completed two terms of induction. I have always wanted to work in a PRU and if there is a chance of induction regulations being changed then I would be prepared to hold out and wait until I could apply to PRUs. I'm curious to know whether you have any idea how long it would take for the DfE to announce any changes (if any) that will be made to induction regulations and how long it will take for those changes to be put into place?

2. As yet we have no firm decision on exactly what the outcome of the consultation is and exactly when new regulations may come into force. It may well be that the target date is September this year. As soon as I hear anything I will post.
    James